Skip to content
- Act as the local representative on human rights issues and always act in the goal of advancing human rights causes and actively defend members going through related issues;
- Develop knowledge and expertise on such issues as human rights, and employers’ human rights plans;
- Review employer’s equity plan on a regular basis;
- Provide human rights-related input into the local executive’s decision-making processes;
- Develop and promote initiatives that encourage members’ participation on human rights matters;
- Organize education sessions and sensitization training for local members in conjunction with other local representatives and encourage members to participate at other related events (regional and national conferences, etc.); and
- Notify regional leadership immediately in the event of an incident related to health and safety in the workplace.